Sunday, February 4, 2007

Photography Tip: Don't Be Conservative

That title may seem like an odd tip, but when applied properly can result in great picture you never would have gotten had you been being button-shy. In an age of digital cameras with the ability to store hundreds of photos without switching anything it is foolish to not take as many photos as can be taken.

I cannot begin to describe how many of my good photos have been ones I weren't even really expecting to be good or were just those extra trigger-happy shots, which is my point here. Don't be conserving your shots for those excellent, perfectly-planned-out shots you may be hoping to get; if you have any sort of decently sized memory card you wont fill it up like that. Take anything and everything you can get a picture of. This doesn't mean that every picture you take will turn out excellent, it's great to get even just a few great photos from one "shoot," but it should still increase the numbers of good shots that come out, even if you don't notice it at first.


This is an example of a photo that I took on a whim, and then didn't notice for a few months until I was going through some old shots and noticed it, and turned out to actually be a pretty good picture, just proof of my point here.

No comments: